|Code of Conduct||Not populated yet|
July 22, 2019, 11:13 p.m.
Oct. 22, 2019, 1:37 p.m.
Call for Speakers for SECURE 2019 is now open. If you have an interesting topic and would like to share your ideas with a crowd of Polish and international IT security specialists, please consider submitting your proposal. You will find all applicable information below.
SECURE 2019 will be held on October 22-23, 2019 in Warsaw, Poland. This annual conference is dedicated entirely to IT security and addressed to administrators, security team members and practitioners in this field. SECURE’s unique feature is the organisers’ commitment to providing participants with reliable information about everything that is current and meaningful in IT security. A high professional level of the talks is ensured by CERT Polska during the paper selection process. Particular emphasis is on practical solutions, analysis of the current threats, latest trends in countering threats as well as important legal issues. Participants have an opportunity to gain the latest knowledge, improve their qualifications and exchange experience with experts.
Impersonating online payment service providers was the most popular attack scenario used for targeting e-banking users over the last year. The evolution of malware (increasingly affecting mobile devices and Internet of Things) still remains a challenge for IT security professionals. Another observed trend is usage of previously unknown 0-day vulnerabilities by APT groups. The VPNFilter case shows that advanced attacks can also affect an ordinary user. The question arises, how to take care of privacy and security in the face of above? We will try to find the answer to these and many more questions during SECURE 2019.
If you want to share your experience in these topics, or if you are an expert in one of the areas below, this Call for Speakers is for you.
SECURE 2019 will be held on October 22-23, 2019 in Warsaw, Poland. The conference topics will be roughly grouped in the following tracks:
* technical – practical aspects of implementation and integration of security solutions
* organisational – new trends in attacks, threats and their mitigation
We are looking for speakers willing to deliver a talk covering one or more of the following subjects:
• malware evolution and analysis, including viruses, worms and botnets
• network monitoring and intrusion detection
• innovatory honeypot and sandbox applications
• security of SCADA/ICS
• security of smartphones and other mobile systems
• security events visualisation
• early warning against network threats
• incident handling
• standards for security incident data exchange
• DDoS attacks and their mitigation
• efficiency of methods for mitigation of new attack vectors
• open source security tools
• protection of online identity
• IoT security
• hardware security
• privacy, confidentiality and anonymity
• hardware security
• chain-supply security
• securing the human
• Polish and European law in regards to computer and information security
• law enforcement actions in regards to cybercrime mitigation
• research projects in the area of computer and information security
* proposals for presentations must be submitted only via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=secure2019
* proposals should include at least a title, short abstract, name and bio of the speaker
* any questions regarding the submission and selection process should be directed to [email protected]
* time for presentation: 45 minutes, including Q&A
* commercial presentations will not be accepted
* all materials should be submitted in one of the following formats: OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, PDF
* slides of presentations will be made available to all participants in an electronic version as well as video recordings where possible, unless strictly prohibited by the speaker
* authors of accepted proposals will receive full conference package (workshops not inclusive), but they are responsible for their travel and accommodation
* proposals submission until: July 22, 2019
* acceptance notice by: August 12, 2019
* presentation submission by: October 14, 2019