|CFP Deadline||Dec. 21, 2018, 11:55 p.m.|
██▀▀▀▀██ ██ ██
██ ██ ▄████▄ ▄████▄ ███████ ▄████▄ ▄███▄██
███████ ██▀ ▀██ ██▀ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄▄██ ██▀ ▀██
██ ▀██▄ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██ ██
██ ██ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▀██▄▄██▀ ██▄▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄█ ▀██▄▄███
▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀
▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ __ __
██▀▀▀▀█ ██▀▀██ ███ ██ \ \ / /
██▀ ██ ██ ██▀█ ██ \ V /
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ~ > <
██▄ ██ ██ ██ █▄██ / . \
██▄▄▄▄█ ██▄▄██ ██ ███ /_/ \_\
▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
/RootedCON'2019 'Call for Papers'
-=] About RootedCON
RootedCON is a technology congress that will be developed in Madrid (Spain)
from 28 - 30 of march 2019.
With an estimated seating from 2.000 and 2.500 people, is the most relevant specialized
congress that is held in the country, and one of the most relevant in Europe, with
attendee profiles ranging from students, Law Enforcenment Agencies to professionals in the
technology and information security market and, even, just passionate people.
This is our X edition, *tenth anniversary!* We want it to be a special edition,
in which we will bring various surprises :)
Already consolidated our additional tracks, including the collaboration with Follow The
White Rabbit (a complete success, with the rooms full at all times), this year
will value the incorporation of a new specialized track. Stay tuned!
-=] Talk types
We will mostly accept two kind of talks:
- Fast talks: 20 minutes.
- Standard talks: 50 minutes.
There will exist a limited number of talks of both types having, even, the possibility
of working with the schedule to extend a talk beyond the 20 minutes limit, or to reduce a 50 minutes one.
We encourage you to BE ORIGINAL with your proposals. We accept *rare* talks and
thematic, on culture or politics (always orbiting around the concepts
technological or Information Security).
-=] International speakers
There is simultaneous Spanish-English and English-Spanish translation on all tracks, so
please do not hesitate to enter a talk, wherever you are from :)
Be sure to indicate the language in which you will give it:
[ES] - Spanish [EN] - English
=] Topics we are looking for
Any interesting topic related to TECHNOLOGY, having examples below and not limited to:
- ANY original topic that contributes content to our audience!
- Any hacking topic in any environment: IP, OT, IoT, Cloud, EDGE, Satellites, Mobiles...
- Reverse engineering, debugging, hooking, fuzzing, exploiting, DFIR, ...
- APT, botnets y malware.
- Financial Tech (FinTech)
- Hardware Hacking, Jtag, SWJ, Dap, consoles,...
- Videogames, cheats...
- Cryptography, steganography, covert channels,...
- DEV: MQTT, AMQP, development patterns, distributed development,...
- OPS: puppet, jenkins, orquestación, virtualization and containers, artifacts, continuous integration...
- Culture, philosophy and ethics, future, innovation ... the world!
Remember that we have THREE rooms in multitrack:
- Sala Cibeles (~1000 people)
- Sala Lugus (~500 people)
- Sala Iniciación (~500 people)
-=] Talk submission procedure
We will only accept talks submitted throught the official speaker form:
Any other talk submission will be considered "unofficial" and will not have any guarantee in being selected.
-=] Speaker benefits and privileges
Every speaker will get these benefits and privileges:
- ONE extra ticket for a partner (1 ticket)
- Diner with all the speakers, RootedLABS trainees, sponsors and the RootedCON team.
- Accommodation (RootedCON carries with the costs, even the partner)
- Travelling (RootedCON carries with the speaker's costs)
- Full access to all congress areas for the three days.
- The possibility of repeating the speech up to three times, one in every track (depending of the final rating).
- Some free drinks in the party :)
- Potential job offers management.
- A gift from the organization.
-=] Obligations and duties of the speaker
All speakers that inscribed a talk and get selected must:
a) Confirm that the talk is TECHNICAL and it is supported with Proof of Concepts (PoC).
If PoC are not available, it should be justified.
b) Send talk materials in the agreed dates before the congress. Please, include details about the PoCs.
c) Accept in an explicit way that all the materials in the talk, as the audio and video will be published, no matter the format and mechanism in RootedCON's content management systems or others.