This year, in addition to the exciting AppSec Israel conference we are once again organising a full day of training.
The Training Day will take place on Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 – right before the AppSec Israel Conference in the same location (Tel Aviv University) and will be free to attend.
The training will be mostly aimed at developers and newcomers to application security but also at those with slightly more experience with the goal of improving the security of all software and growing the pool of skilled professionals in the field.
We are now calling for pro-bono trainers who are willing to support the Israeli AppSec community and submit proposals to deliver this training. The format has changed slightly this year and we are looking for multiple trainers to volunteer to deliver, hands-on, workshop-style training in English lasting between 1.5 and 3 hours although we would also be interested in proposals for a full day of training.. The training will remain single track. We are also intending to provide travel assistance this year if necessary.
Topics we are interesting in seeing in proposals include:
* Workshops on common (OWASP Top 10 2017) attacks and their mitigations
* Secure development with modern paradigms such as Single Page Applications and WebSockets.
* General application security mechanisms
* Secure coding guidelines
Please submit your proposal here: https://www.papercall.io/appsecisrael2018training
The CFT closes at 23:59 (GMT+3) on 25th July 2018.
Acceptance notifications should start from 8th August 2018.
The CFT team will select the training based on content, quality of submission, and expertise of trainer(s), and are completely independent of any vendor or sponsor support.
However, preference will be given to submissions which:
* Make use of OWASP projects as part of the workshops
* Provide content and exercises which the attendees can take home with them
* Refer to modern technologies such as (but not limited to) node.js, Go, Python, Scala
* Have a strong interactive and hands-on focus.
Benefits for trainers:
* Trainers will be invited to take part in the speaker’s dinner after the conference itself
* Training slides can be branded with the trainer’s company (but must not be focused on the company’s products)
* Trainers are welcome to give out swag during their sessions