|Code of Conduct||Not populated yet|
July 10, 2017, 11:59 p.m.
Call for Speakers for SECURE 2017 is now open. If you have an interesting topic and would like to share your ideas with a crowd of Polish and international IT security specialists, please consider submitting your proposal. You will find all applicable information below.
SECURE 2017 will be held on October 24-25 in Warsaw, Poland. This annual conference is dedicated entirely to IT security and addressed to administrators, security team members and practitioners in this field. SECURE’s unique feature is the organizers’ commitment to providing participants with reliable information about everything that is current and meaningful in IT security. A high professional level of the talks is ensured by CERT Polska during the paper selection process. Particular emphasis is on practical solutions, analysis of the current threats, latest trends in countering threats as well as important legal issues. Participants have an opportunity to gain the latest knowledge, improve their qualifications and exchange experience with experts.
Recent months proved that exploit kits are still among current threats, not only to individual users as part of opportunistic campaigns, but also targeting large enterprises and national infrastructure when used in water hole attacks. IoT devices have also become attackers’ tool of choice as they are often insufficiently protected. New ransomware families and popularization of ransomware-as-a-service put individuals as well as businesses, industrial systems and embedded devices. How to fight these threats, as well as all those that are still difficult to detect due to their well thought out and targeted nature? We will be looking for answers to these and many more questions during SECURE 2017.
If you want to share your experience in these topics, or if you are an expert in one of the areas below, this Call for Speakers is for you.
SECURE 2017 will be held on October 24-25 at Airport Hotel Okęcie in Warsaw, Poland.
The conference topics will be roughly grouped in the following tracks:
- technical – practical aspects of implementation and integration of security solutions
- organisational – new trends in attacks, threats and their mitigation
We are looking for speakers willing to deliver a talk covering one or more of the following subjects:
- malware evolution and analysis, including viruses, worms and botnets
- intrusion detection
- innovatory honeypot and sandbox applications
- Advanced Persistent Threat attacks
- monitoring of network threats
- security of smartphones and other mobile systems
- security events visualization
- security of SCADA/ICS
- security of IPv6
- cloud security
- early warning against network threats
- incident handling
- standards for security incident data exchange
- DDoS attacks and their mitigation
- efficiency of methods for mitigation of new attack vectors
- open source security tools
- protection of online identity
- privacy, confidentiality and anonymity
- Polish and European law in regards to computer and information security
- law enforcement actions in regards to cybercrime mitigation
- research projects in the area of computer and information security
- securing the human
- proposals for presentations must be submitted only via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=secure2017
- proposals should include at least a title, short abstract, name and bio of the speaker
- any questions regarding the submission and selection process should be directed to [email protected]
- time for presentation: 45 minutes, including Q&A
- commercial presentations will not be accepted
- all materials should be submitted in one of the following formats: OpenOffice, Microsoft Office, PDF
- slides of presentations will be made available to all participants in an electronic version unless strictly prohibited by the speaker
- authors of accepted proposals will receive full conference package (workshops not inclusive), but they are responsible for their travel and accommodation
- Proposals submission until: July 10, 2017
- Acceptance notice by: August 7, 2017
- Presentation submission by: October 9, 2017