We’re back for our fourth year, and are looking forward to your ideas for talks! BSides Knoxville is a security conference in the spirit of the Security BSides franchise, but we’re unique in several ways:
- We’re paired with Cisco’s annual internal security conference, Offensive Summit
- Each of our tracks are hosted in different businesses in downtown Knoxville’s Market Square
- Two of these tracks are bars - the third is a business accelerator: Knoxville Entrepreneur Center
- We feed all attendees “breakfast” (usually donuts) and lunch. Water, soda and coffee is available for free all - day. Each attendee gets two tickets for alcoholic drinks. You’re on your own after that. Roughly half of the attendees don’t drink, so we’re working on a system where they can get some cool swag instead. We usually do nice coffee mugs and cool handmade posters.
- Each speaker gets a personalized walkout song! We feel this is a great way to get the presenter and crowd pumped up. After all, two of our tracks are designed to be music and entertainment venues.
- It’s a one day conference that runs from 9AM to 6PM EST. We host a speaker dinner at 6:30PM, immediately following the conference.
- We offer complementary speaker training, slide reviews and practice sessions to those that need or want it.
Quiet, private speaker rooms are provided with extra snacks, drinks and caffeine.
Knoxville’s downtown is cozy and small with plenty of good food, independent coffee shops and even a movie theater (this is exciting for us)! If this sounds like your kind of town and your kind of conference, we’d love to have you submit your talk and/or join us as an attendee.
We’re welcoming makers, hackers, red teams, blue teams, or anyone else who wants to rant about security and privacy. We’re looking for creative, cutting-edge presentations of interest to the security community. Anything from a new attack against internet-connected gas pumps to new behavioral analysis techniques for identifying botnet C&C, or even how to build a car-hacking lab for newbies - we want to hear from you.
Categories we’d be interested include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Novel attacks
- Novel defenses
- Privacy issues
- Reverse engineering
- Hardware Hacking
- Philosophy of security
Otherwise, if it has a security, hacking, or privacy angle, BSides Knoxville is interested.