There are three ways to propose a topic at DevOpsDays:
1. A 30-minute talk presented during the conference, usually in the mornings.
2. An Ignite talk presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
3. Open Space: If you’d like to lead a group discussion during the attendee-suggested Open Space breakout sessions, it is not necessary to propose it ahead of time. Those topics are suggested in person at the conference.
These are some topic suggestions from our 2019 program:
– Microservices, Containerization and Serverless
– CI/CD + automation
– Public, private, hybrid clouds
– IaaS + Configuration Management
– Scaling out DevOps
– Observability – Tracking, Monitoring, Logging and Alerting
– Site Reliability Engineering
– Building culture
– Health, stress, and burnout
– Privacy/data security
– Quantifying productivity, failure, and risk metrics
– Professional development, teaching, training, and mentorship
– DevOps in the enterprise
– Future of DevOps
Some advice for your submission:
1. It’s always great to be specific; the more you can tell us the better, but please do keep it concise (e.g. 20 or so lines should be enough).
2. Detail is awesome, but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting to conference attendees.
3. Be Original; we will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer new talks.
4. No vendor pitches. As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
5. Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
6. Multiple proposals from the same person are welcome but will most likely not lead to multiple acceptance as that would result in very homogeneous programming.
What are the benefits of being a speaker?
- the opportunity to present your lecture in front of a big audience
- presenting yourself as a specialist
- getting new business contacts
- free entrance for the conference
- photos from your talk
- reaching eternal fame and glory :-)